Tuesday, April 30, 2019

TINY BIG ART





Tiny Big Art paintings at the Studio Restaurant, Gloucester, MA
Image downloaded from the Rocky Neck Art Colony Facebook page




Here are my 6" x 6" paintings on my new favorite surface: Multimedia Artboard.  These were donated to Rocky Neck Art Colony's event: Tiny Big Art.  The fundraiser took place last Thursday evening, April 26th, at the Studio Restaurant on Rocky Neck in Gloucester, MA.




Working small inspired me to play with materials, shapes, line and very limited palettes.  I really like these orange and black series so I am expanding on this theme creating a series.  




Playing with pink and green was a different direction as its a color combination I seldom experiment with.  Interestingly pink is not a salable color according to my gallery.  Yet I have always been inspired by de Kooning's use of pink and jade green in his paintings.  These three will satisfy my pink craving for now.  






Yesterday I gathered a few paintings and ink sketches for Concord Art's Great Big "small works' Art sale happening on Saturday, May 4th @ 10 AM - 4:30 PM.  This is a fabulous way to collect small works 5"x 7" from your favorite artists.  For details click here.  I will post those after the event on Saturday.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment