Friday, July 20, 2018

FRANCE BOUND


Preserving Memories
oil & cold wax on paper

I just mailed this painting to a new collector in France via the USPS.  FYI: They are an excellent source for shipping small works overseas at a reasonable price.  

This work was actually created in France while attending an artist residency in the countryside of Orquevaux, a small town 3 hours due east of Paris.  I was fortunate to spend two weeks at this residency experimenting with a new media for me: cold wax with oil.

In April I took a cold wax medium workshop given by my friend Pamela Caughey.  Pam and I met a few years ago at a workshop with Nicholas Wilton.  She is a very talented multi-discipline artist and an exceptional teacher.  This is a media I have wanted to take up for some time and Pam is the one I wanted to study with.

I will post the new work created at this residency as well as write about my time there in these summer days to come.  If you want to see the work now please visit my Instagram account.

In January I shipped a landscape painting done in 2017 to Tasmania. Its an honor to have international collectors!

No comments:

Post a Comment