Friday, December 21, 2012

ROAD MAP SERIES - 4 & 5

Mixed Media
30 x 22

Since yesterday slipped by without having a chance to blog, I will post the last two finished paintings of my Road Map Series. These are mixed media on 300 lb cold press paper, 30 x 22. Unfortunately the small photographs hinder you from seeing parts of the road map collaged on. As always, I find it is better to see the actual painting.


That fact was reinforced this past weekend when I saw the Winslow Homer exhibit at the Portland Museum of Art (Maine). His paintings are more powerful then the countless reprints I have seen. I spent a longer time with his work - actually seeing those surprise subtle color marks that are lost in a reprint. The show runs until December 30th and I would highly recommend seeing it.

More paintings of my Road Map Series are in process and I am heading to the studio shortly to work on these.




Mixed Media
30 x 22

No comments:

Post a Comment