Friday, January 23, 2015

EXPLORING



Since the new year I have been at the studio daily.  Most of my practice now is just exploring paint, color and mark making on  different surfaces.  Above are the rough warm up paintings I started before the holiday.  These have been a great starting point.  It is always a good practice to leave unfinished work in the studio for one's next return.

From some of these I have come up with the following paintings that intrigue me.  All are roughly 11 x 14 inches, acrylic on paper.














I will have quite a pile of sketches by the end of the month.  My goal is to keep painting until I discover an idea or subject that I want to explore in a series.   By just painting I feel the inspiration will reveal itself.  More sketches to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment