Friday, October 24, 2014

SWEET AFFIRMATIONS

WILD BEAUTY
oil/panel
8" x 8"

I delivered this painting (above) last week to the new owner.  They bought it when they first saw my announcement of my August show as guest artist at the Barb Jackson Gallery in Rockport, Maine.  That was a wonderful response to my new work just painted this summer while in my home state.


DRIFTING ECHOES
oil/panel
8" x 8"

And I feel very fortunate and grateful that these other three paintings received the same acknowledgment and are now in new homes.   Thank you new owners!



HEARTBEAT
oil/panel
8" x 8"

A secret about this body of work is that I painted in the same place everyday down by the ocean on a jagged spit of land with views of a cove rimmed with the granite running from the sea up to bushes and brambles then topped by the pointy pine trees that are iconic of this state.  These paintings are my emotional response to the landscape and its wild beauty.


WHERE ROCKS WANDER
oil/panel
8" x 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment