Wednesday, March 12, 2014

INDIA

DELHI

In January I went to India for 16 days with friends.  We traveled from Mumbai to Goa, Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and back to Delhi.  This was an fascinating trip in an amazing country of extreme contrasts (at times side by side): poverty & wealth; beauty & ugliness; lush & stark; open space & over-crowded; noisy & peaceful; wildness & controlled.    

GOA

The overall impression on this land for me was the colors.  The richness of colors in even just a small space made a huge impression. I saw flowers everywhere: carefully arranged or just petals in a large carved marble bowl sitting on the ground.  I learn a lot on the trip which made me realize I have so much more to learn about this country.

AGRA

My visual impressions will be posted on the blog in the days ahead.  I am not sure how this will inspire my art.  Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment