Thursday, September 17, 2009

DISCOVERING NEW BOOKS



On Tuesday nights I am taking a drawing class at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts .  I love taking art classes and workshops not just to sharpen my skills and learn new methods of working but also for the discovery of new books.  This book was introduced to the class: Colors  What They Mean and How to Make Them by Anne Varichon, Harry N. Abrams Press, 2007.  This is a delicious book I now must own (and read).  The author, an archaeologist and ethnologist, writes of their history, production from olden days to modern techniques, cultural symbolism and mythology and takes us around the world and through  the centuries.  Of course this would already break my September resolution of not buying anymore art books until I read or reread my current collection.  More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment