Wednesday, January 1, 2020

TIS 2020




Happy New Year!  Being January 1st, 2020 it is now the start of a new decade.  Is it the roaring 20s or a year of hindsight?  I like that the new year starts with a zero.  And this is just another year of days so I wish all a lovely year with each day flowing with grace and serenity.


The Edge of Possibilities
mixed media/panel 36 x 36
sold

2019 was a productive and busy year.  Powers Gallery placed many of my paintings in new homes.  I am grateful for their support.  I had a painting accepted into the 10th Annual New England Collective, juried by Katherine French, Gallery Director of Catamount Arts, VT.  And I was invited to show at Melanie Carr Gallery in Essex, CT, with artist friends: Nancy Gruskin, Kathleen Jacobs, and Stuart Shils.  However I did received several rejections from shows and residencies.  After each rejection the sting does lessen and the studio calls.  

This year I introduced three new workshops while continuing to teach the popular Alchemy of Color I and II classes.  The new workshops are Embrace the Sketchbook, FEED Your Creative Soul, and Cold Wax Medium with Oils.  Due to the positive response I will be teaching these classes again this year.  My upcoming classes are listed on a sidebar to the right and on the home page of my website.  Further information on classes is listed here on my website. 


Artist's work in FEED Your Creative Soul workshop

Speaking of my website, this was the year I launched a new one as my web designer was retiring from design and hosting.  It was a "project"  and still needs some tweaking but I am excited to accomplished this.  A little deadline helped make it possible.

Another project just completed is a new video about the color wheel.  This video runs 5 minutes and 30 seconds starring the 12 colors of the color wheel in a mad cap caper with voice over, music and special effects.  Soon to be on my website.  


studio floor - new series in work


January starts with a new project - a commission.  I will be working large 42 x 42 inches on an abstracted landscape. The panels were specially built in Maine and are a work of beauty.  Too nice to paint on.  Rough sketches are done and next will be some color studies.  I cleared the January calendar to focus on this fun project. 

I wish you a fabulous year of interesting projects, inspiration, and fun adventures on your creative journey!


Wall of Sketches 

No comments:

Post a Comment