Friday, January 31, 2020

AT THE GALLERY



Monet's Garden I & II
mixed media on panel
36" x 36"





Fragments of March: Cloudy
mixed media on paper


Powers Gallery posted these two images yesterday on Instagram.  The top image shows brand new work I completed in December. It is exciting to see these on the gallery wall as I just delivered them a week or so ago.  Monet's Garden I & II , 36" x 36", is mixed media on panel.  It is a new direction I am experimenting with combining my photographs of flowers taken at Monet's Garden in Giverny, France, with other media consisting of collage, acrylic skins, graphite, crayon, and acrylic paint.  

The second image was done awhile back when we were experiencing a stormy March.  I love working with black and white and working on paper.  This combines acrylic paint, India ink graphite and crayon on 300 lb cold press paper.  The painting is 30" x 22".

On Instagram Powers Gallery states,  Fragments of March: Cloudy is filled with motion of swirling ones and honeycomb texture, making it a compelling piece.  

Stop by the gallery Tuesday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM and Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM.  It is located on 144 Great Road, Rt 2A, Acton, MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment