Tuesday, June 18, 2019

NEW WORK FOR SUMMER



Dreaming
mixed media on panel
6" x 6"
©2019

Along with dropping off some new abstracts recently at Powers Gallery (see post Summertime 2019),  I also brought this just finished small painting that is part of my Memory Vessels* series.  This is mixed media consisting of cold wax medium, oil paint, India ink, graphite and crayon.  It is 6" x 6" on birch panel.  Powers Gallery has a selection of small paintings from this series. Whether working large scale or small, I find either size takes the same amount of time to create and the journey of each painting's development is always a winding road.

Please join me Saturday,  June 22nd at the opening reception of Summertime 2019.  Celebrate summer and art from 4-7 PM.  This is big show featuring many of the gallery's artists' work.  Powers Gallery is located at 144 Great Road, Route 2A, in Acton, MA, (across from Trader Joe's).



* I am currently redesigning my website and will have all my new paintings from the last year featured including my series on Memory Vessels. Fingers are crossed for a launch date in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment