Thursday, January 31, 2019

NEW HOMES



Mixing Memory & Desire
mixed media/panel
8" x 8"



Memory Bowl 1
mixed media/paper
5" x 7"

Powers Gallery has already sold two of my paintings in the current show The Essence of Abstraction.  The show opened last Saturday 1/26 with an afternoon reception that was well attended with a steady flow of art collectors, friends, family, and other artists.  

It is a powerful show with a talented group of artists working across the media spectrum and offering  colorful expressive work.  The exhibit runs until March 9th.  Gallery hours are Tuesday - Saturday from 10 AM - 6 PM at 144 Great Road (Rte 2A), Acton, MA.

These paintings above are recent.  I am now exploring cold wax medium and oil and I am loving the versatility of this medium.   Other media included in these are India ink, crayon, graphite and pencil.  The series continues to explore the fragility of memory, a theme I have been working with for a few years now.  Intrigued by how memory can be ethereal to truly weighted, this medium allows me to explore memory's transient nature. 

I am grateful to Larry Powers and his staff for supporting my art and to the collectors who have invited my work into their home.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment