Friday, June 13, 2014

WORKING THROUGH IT



While finishing the painting "Scribbles" I also worked on this painting too.  (See my last post on the other "warm-up," exercise painting.)   This was started last June but became buried under a pile of finished paintings.  Since then it has been hanging out at the studio waiting for attention.




This is on paper, mixed media consisting of mostly watercolor with graphite and acrylic too.  The size is 30 x 22 inches.  The middle part, as seen above, was to opaque, boring and flat.  So I played with line, removed the opaque layer (add water!), stamped, added more paint and scraped.




These photos are just reference photos, not high quality images, that I took w/ my phone while the painting progressed in the studio.  




I am glad I returned to this one even if it took a year.  Sometimes things need to just be before changes occur.




No comments:

Post a Comment