Wednesday, September 11, 2013

TODAY

Scribbles
(work in progress)
mixed media on paper
40 x 44

After going to the UPS office to ship artwork and pick up a painting at Concord Art Association I finally arrived at the studio at 11 AM.  It seems like days since I have painted and I was feeling anxious about that.  Still, I spent a lot of time puttering: sorting paintings, organizing art supplies, taking inventory of paints, gesso-ing paper & hanging unfinished work on the walls.  Procrastinating.  Finally around 3 PM I tacked the gessoed paper to the wall and made a mark.  Then I made another mark, and so on and finally I was painting.  I had no goal except to experiment with the tools I had on hand: Caran d'Ache crayons, India ink, watercolors and graphite.  Sometimes I just have to hang out at the studio for hours before painting begins. By the time I left,  I felt like it had been a very productive time at the studio today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment