Saturday, September 28, 2013

SEPTEMBER CIRCLE


When I finally got back into the studio in early September I started a new circle painting on a large rectangle of canvas.  (This was the end of the roll.)  The first circle of 9/10 is black acrylic paint Golden's Open Carbon Black with a lot of Golden's Open Acrylic Medium Gloss.


The first thing I do once I am at the studio is to make a circle.  The canvas is flat on the floor and I stand in the center pouring paint moving 180 degrees.  This is after a few days. The door helps to show the size of the piece.




Yesterday I made a large black circle and then folded it up to get some interesting movement in the paint.  I try to keep the sides from touching but it becomes challenging moving this large canvas about and this manhandling creates the random mark.






A detail.  This circle will go through October.  A goal is the be there everyday this next month making circles.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment