Monday, January 7, 2013

FIRST LINE 2013



First Line 2013

At Vermont Studio Center, last November, I did a circle painting on 2 sheets of brown paper taped together (see below). During one of VSC open studios I was inspired by the superbly talented Jarrod Beck and his large scale work on what looked like paper. He was very generous in sharing his materials (Tyvek) and supply source (Uline.com). Thank you Jarrod!

So my first painting of 2013 is the circle on this new material. My brother-in-law, Tony Shepley, of Shepley Wood Products, was also very generous in giving me several yards of Tyvek to experiment with. With India ink I stood in the center of a 5 x 5 ft sheet and drew my first circle. But before I commit to this material for my circle project I am considering experimenting with canvas and Mylar. Lots of projects are planned for 2013 and it is great to back in the studio.


Circle 2012
Gesso & India ink on brown paper

No comments:

Post a Comment