Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 IN REVIEW

CUTTING THE STRINGS
watercolor & India ink
30 x 22

Happy New Year! I am excited to be back in the studio today on this second day in 2013. And though it is a bright new year I am reflecting on last year. In 2012, I had an excellent art year and I am very grateful for all the opportunities to not only exhibit my work but that also supported me as an artist.


Here is a review of 2012:

• I gave a two hour artist talk and demo at the Concord Art Association (CAA) in March.

• From the success of this, CAA invited me to teach a 6-week class this past fall. I love teaching.

• I was accepted, with a grant, to the Vermont Studio Residency(VSC). I attended VSC in November.

• My painting Slip # 7 was accepted into 15th ISAP (International Society of Acrylic Painters) International Open Exhibition, in Paso Robles, CA. This show was juried by Katherine Chang Lui.

• In this same show, Slip #7 received an award for “Most Experimental.”

• Another Slip painting, Shift # 12, was chosen by Joseph Carroll, of Carroll and Sons Gallery, for the show “Scratching the Surface,” at the Cambridge Art Association in Cambridge, MA.

• I wrote six articles for The Palette Magazine.

• A Canadian firm licensed one of my images to use in a country-wide travel promotion for “visiting” Canada.

• My three galleries sold several of my paintings.

• Meditech, Inc., bought four paintings from my Scissor Series for their corporate office.

• While working on several themes, I started a new series called Journeys exploring the concept of memory.  This theme I will continue to work on this year.

• I was invited to be in a 6-artists group show at Gallery 206 in Amesbury, MA.

• My website has attracted more private collectors from across the state and the country.

• And I did the social media and blog posting for the Rocky Neck Gallery, in Gloucester, MA, substantially increasing traffic and interest in the gallery.

I want to thank my new buyers, my galleries, Concord Art Association and everyone for their wonderful support in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment