Friday, June 8, 2012

SHIFT

SHIFT # 21
watercolor/india ink
30 x 22


SHIFT # 22
watercolor/india ink
30 x 22

I framed these watercolors the other day without glass.  They are attached to a slightly smaller canvas to give the appearrance of floating when hung.  On top I applied a layer of cold wax medium to protect the painting.  The cold wax acts as a varnish protecting the painting and allowing the work to be seen without the added layer (or weight) of glass. 

The two paintings are from my Slip Series started last year.  For the next two weeks these paintings are at the Rocky Neck Gallery.  This year the gallery gave space to those artists wanting to show larger work.  An excellent idea!

To see more of my Slip Series or other work please visit my website: http://www.marthawakefield.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love these. The colors are beautiful. Martha, how do you attach the paper to a canvas? I've waxed before and mounted them on Gator board but never to a canvas. Thanks Martha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ross sorry i missed your comment here- I have been off the grid a lot while painting in Maine. If you go to my website under About to writings there is a article on paper to canvas there. I have more tips since that was published so send me your email address.

    ReplyDelete