Friday, December 2, 2011

SMFA ART SALE



photo by Michael Seif

Yesterday was drop off day for the Museum School Art Sale.  The times to bring the artwork were from 2 -7 pm.  I arrived at 2:05 and the place was already buzzing.  I ran in to friend and photographer Michael Seif.  Michael took my picture while I was waiting in line.  I also saw artist Ruth Mordecai and finally met Selma Bromberg, artist, printmaker and teacher.  (That is her in front of me.)  For many years I have wanted to take one of her printmaking classes at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education.  Now may be the time.

The SMFA staff,  extremely friendly and helpful, made it very easy to drop off the work.  Thank you all!
The event starts next week - Thursday, Dec 8th, through Sunday, Dec 11th.  The sale is open daily 10 am - 8 pm.  This is well worth a visit as artwork from established artists as well as emerging artists is there ready to enter a new art collection.  And proceeds from the sale go to a worthy cause - scholarships for art students.

1 comment:

  1. After hours of research, Art of sale provided the most comprehensive product information. Additionally the price was the best I found and I placed the order. All communication was prompt and the product arrived on time and exactly as expected. the product has been installed and is working perfectly. thank you.

    vente oeuvre d art

    ReplyDelete