Saturday, May 29, 2010

ART ADOPTION

The other day I received that wonderful call from the gallery telling me two of my paintings had just sold.  These are part of a group of work I had just delivered there.  This watercolor called Flare (left) 30 x 24 was painted this past  winter while in that grand studio space in Maynard and is the start of my floral series.  This same work was accepted into the Rhode Island Watercolor Society's  Floral Fantasy show in February 2010 juried by Mim Fawcett, Director of the Attleboro Arts Museum.  The Color of Morning  (below-right) is also watercolor on 300 lb paper measuring 24 x 24 and is a new technique I developed as described in an article for The Palette Magazine called "Paper to Canvas".  The actual painting is not behind glass but is well protected by a special medium.  If you are interested to know more please contact me at marthawake@aol.com.    I am so grateful to have these paintings adopted and on their way to a new home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment