Tuesday, March 10, 2020

BLUR



Hermes Ad


I am currently building a new page on my website of my hibiscus shots.  These flowers were captured last August/September and as a collection have become my Hibiscus Project (and still a work in progress).  I capture the flowers in many stages from bud, to blossom to withering bloom.  Some were taken with the iPhone and others with my Nikon D80 camera.  In all I took over 150 photographs.  What has my flowers got to do with the Hermes ad above?


Hibiscus

I saw this ad recently while flipping through a NYTimes Sunday Magazine section.  It is because of the blurriness that this image stood out among the many stylized sharply focused fashion shots.   Some of my images are intentionally blurry.  Others are not.  Does that make them bad?  A friend suggested I put the blurry ones at the end of the stream of photographs.  



Hibiscus

On second thought I will change that directive and intersperse the blurred images among the focused ones.  That way each flower what ever its sharpness will stand out.  Thank you Hermes for the inspiration!


Hibiscus

No comments:

Post a Comment