Wednesday, March 18, 2015

DO OVER

acrylic/paper
9" x 12"

Back in January,  I mounted a full sheet of Yupo paper  on large board and divided it into quarter sections.  This started out as a warm-up/exploratory painting exercise.  By the end of my session I liked 2 of the 4 paintings.  I set these aside and visited my other project.

A few weeks ago I reworked my 2 disliked paintings.  Here is an example of one of them in progress.  The finish version is above.


 


acrylic/paper
9" x 12"


The two finished paintings (top & bottom) are even more to my liking.  This year, more than ever, my studio time has been about experimenting, exploring, letting go of what's not working, then reworking those paintings days later.  And lately this process of "do overs" has been working well for me.  I hope your time in the studio is working well for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment