Friday, May 9, 2014

PANEL PROJECT

20 8 x 8 inch panels

These past few weeks I have been working on a panel project.  I prepped 20 panels all 8 x 8 inches of 1'' - 1-1/2" depth.  I placed these in a large circle on canvas on the floor.  Each day I would step inside the circle and draw a circle in black, white or red Golden Acrylic Fluid paint.


several days later


Some days the individual panels would be turned 45 or 90 degrees before I "drew" the next circle.   Each circle became very wonky because I was moving clockwise as I pour the paint.  The panels were then left to dry for 24 hours before the next color was added.

  

Circle in the Square # 1
acrylic/panel
8" x 8"


After several days I picked my favorite of 9 panels.  These became part of an art swap with my artist coaching group.  I missed the fun evening of the actual swap.  So I am really looking forward to seeing the work created by the other fabulously talented artists members also working in an 8 x 8 format.  And I am very fortunate to soon own a work by each one of these artists.

In the next few days I will post some of the other panels created and swapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment