Wednesday, January 4, 2012

NEW YEAR NEW WORK



Happy New Year! 
I am glad the festive holidays have past and the studio beckons.  Getting back to work feels good.  As does having my website updated before the end of 2011.  This goal was accomplished with the help of my photographer-in-residence (also known as my husband, Pip Shepley) and with web mistress and mixed media artist Jeanne Williamson


 

My Slip Series that I have been working on for most of the past year is now available at http://www.marthawakefield.com/.  Currently there are three categories with my first being acrylic on canvas.  This is followed by works on paper -  a series of  24 mostly large watercolors which continue to explore the concept of a spiritual presence wearing yet disappearing within such sheerness.  New are my small paintings in acrylic on handmade paper mounted on canvas.  These were well received at my 2 day show in Peterborough, NH in early December.  This group is called Chemise.   I am not sure if I have exhausted this intimate garment yet - only days in the studio will tell.  But I am very happy to be there in this new year. 

Special thanks always to Pip Shepley and Jeanne Williamson

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martha, Your new work is EXCITING! I like the tempo of the line!
    Congrats on the update of your website and Slip Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, thanks for commenting and taking the time to look at the new work. It is nice to finally have it up on the site. best, martha

    ReplyDelete