Sunday, November 3, 2013

STILL GOOD NEWS

Navigating the Distance Between Us
mixed media/paper
30 x 22

This year Concord Art Association's 14th Annual Frances N. Roddy Open Competition was juried by Nick Capasso, Director, Fitchburg Art Museum.  While this may be considered old news now in fast pace world of art, my news is my accepted painting, "Navigating the Distance Between Us," sold at this exhibit.  This is a first for me to have a sale at a juried show and is still an exciting event.

Part of the exhibit

I unfortuantely missed the reception and the chance to meet all the other artists exhibiting in this fine show.  My work hung between Karen Jones's "Study in Black and White," (L) and First Place winner Lynda Schlosberg's painting, "As Above, So Below," on the right.  Another award winner is my friend Anne Russell and her monotype, "Artichoke and Lemons."  It is equally exciting to see friends' work get well deserved recognition!





No comments:

Post a Comment