Thursday, October 31, 2013

SACRED CIRCLE

Circle # 4
acrylic on canvas
6 ft x 5 ft


Happy Halloween!

Today I finished my fourth circle painting started in September.  This series was inspired by a yoga class I took last November while at the Vermont Studio Center.  In this class we performed our yoga practice within the circle of a large, beautifully made hoop - I think it was cedar as it smelled wonderful. 

Based on that class I was inspired to make these paintings due to the healing benefits of "being" in a circle.  Each day that I am in the studio I make a circle and alternate the colors of black and white acrylic.  It has become a studio ritual.  Tomorrow I hope to post more images of the progression on this painting.  

As my circles take on a life of their they become a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment