Friday, December 18, 2009

TUESDAY NIGHT BOOK CLUB


Tuesday was my last drawing class at the Museum school.  Fourteen weeks later it is all over.  We spent the time eating, drawing, drinking and chatting in a festive holiday spirit. And we did talk about books too.  The latest one is The Red Book and no this is not another book on color and is available for a small sum of $195.00.  The full name is The Red Book of C. G. Jung: Creation of a New Cosmolgy.  The illustrations alone are a fascinating chroncile of the private life of Jung.  He worked on this tome during a 16 year period.  I have yet to see the real McCoy, but am very intrigued to peruse a copy just to look at the pictures.  Currently the book is on display in NYC in a special exhibit at the Rubin Museum of Art until mid-February.  Another good excuse to go to NYC.  So I have a ton of drawings from this class, all of faces that once I thought I could never capture on paper.  And I have yet to purchase a book from this fascinating class of introductions and recommendations but I now have a better education in the diversity and talent of artists to know and study and a decent pile of drawings.    

No comments:

Post a Comment